For the Repatriation of the Deceased from Brazil we always provide a quotation on a case-by-case basis.For an example we have recently repatriated a Deceased from Rio-De Janeiro, which is probably the most expensive place in Brazil to repatriation a deceased to the UK from.
The cost of this Repatriation was £8,500, (December 2011)
Other towns and tourist areas such as Recife, Fortaleza, Natel or S.Paulo usually work out slightly less.
Local cremation with repatriation of the Cremated Remains is also an option but can take some time. We have agents in Brazil to help families arrange a Cremation.
There may be some further cost if morgue and/or hospital expenses are incurred.
Full embalming and preparation of the Deceased is always carried out by our team.In addition the quotation covers:
- Standard Zinc lined wooden Coffin for air travel.
- Airtight canvas sealed cover for coffin.
- Hearse and staff from Mortuary to Airport.
- Highway Tolls, Police taxes, fuel surcharge.
- Airfreight Charge, Security and x-ray.
- Airport handling, AWB and documentation.
- UK and overseas Funeral Directors Charges.
This would include all costs to the United Kingdom and collection from Heathrow or Gatwick Airport to our London Mortuary.
Forward transportation and Burial/Cremation costs in the UK are in addition. Please contact our Repatriation Head Office for details of our repatriation service to the UK from Brazil.